Hamilton East Public Library logo

My Account

Hours & Location

Get A Library Card

Access More Than 50 Online Databases

Borrow ebooks, movies, music and more

Join us at events for all ages throughout the year

Get creative at Ignite Studio, our makerspace

Where to find us?


Fishers Branch

5 Municipal Drive Fishers, IN 46038


Noblesville Branch

1 Library Plaza, Noblesville, IN 46060

What to bring?

I live in Fishers or Noblesville, IN

If you reside or own property in the township of Delaware, Fall Creek, Noblesville, or Wayne in Hamilton County, bring a current, valid photo ID or driver’s license to the Service Desk at either Fishers Library or Noblesville Library. If there is no address on your photo ID, or it is not up-to-date, you can bring your current photo ID and an electronic or physical document issued within the last 60 days verifying your address. Acceptable documents include mail (with a legible postmark), statements, bills, leases, etc. Parents and guardians can use their ID to apply for a library card for their children ages 5 and up.

I live in Hamilton County but not Fishers or Noblesville

If you reside or own property in the township of Adams, Clay, Jackson, or Washington in Hamilton County, bring in a picture ID and your library card from your local library. Hamilton East Public Library (HEPL) has a “reciprocal borrowing” agreement with the public libraries serving those areas. Once your information is verified with the local library, you will be able to use your home library card to borrow material and use other HEPL services (except for e-services and interlibrary loan services).

If you live in White River Township in Hamilton County, there is no public library in White River Township, and no agreement for library services has been signed with a neighboring public library. However, you may obtain a HEPL card with all the same privileges as a resident’s card by paying the “non-resident fee-payer” fee. Please call the library at 317-773-1384 (Noblesville) or 317-579-0300 (Fishers) to obtain the annual fee amount for the current calendar year.

I live in Indiana but not in Hamilton County

If you live in the state of Indiana, but outside of Hamilton County, you may obtain library service by presenting an Indiana Public Library Access Card (PLAC) and the public library card issued to you by your local public library. You may purchase a PLAC from your local public library, or you may purchase one when you register at HEPL. Once your information is verified, you will receive a HEPL card for as long as the PLAC is valid.

I do not live in Indiana

If you live outside the state of Indiana, you are not eligible to purchase a PLAC or obtain a library card. You may still use the other services offered by the library, you may browse the collections and periodicals, use the study rooms, attend children’s and adult programs, obtain Reference services, or use the public computers or wireless network.

New To The Library?

We’ve created a hub just for new patrons to explore everything the library has to offer.